- Fast X (review)- $67.5M
As expected, Fast X, the tenth film in the two-decade-long racer franchise, topped all domestically with $67.5M. That’s just a fraction of the $319M worldwide debut for Vin Diesel’s latest actioner, and a smaller piece than usual. The debut falls short of 2021’s F9: The Fast Saga‘s $70M launch, which was during the pandemic. Still, Universal is hardly going to scoff at these numbers. The global haul ranks as the second-highest of the year behind the studio’s biggest hit, The Super Mario Bros Movie.
2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3– $31.9M/$266.5M
At $659M worldwide, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is creeping up on 2014’s franchise-starter at $773M, while it has a long way to go to catch up with Vol. 2’s $863M.
3. The Super Mario Bros Movie– $9.8M/$549.2M
4. Book Club: The Next Chapter– $3M/$13.1M
5. Evil Dead Rise– $2.3M/$64.1M
6. John Wick: Chapter 4– $1.33M/$185.3M
7. Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret.– $1.32M/$18.6M
8. Hypnotic– $825K/$4M
9. Love Again– $400K/$5.9M
10. Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves– $385K/$92.8M