1. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever– $11.1M/$409.8M
In the second slowest weekend of the year, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever took top spot again with $11.1M. The film has now crossed the $400M mark domestically, and hit $768M worldwide. Next week, Avatar: The Way of Water arrives to sink everybody.
2. Violent Night– $8.6M/$26.6M
The biggest holiday film of the season, the R-rated Violent Night, dropped just 35% in its second week as families take in the spectacle of David Harbour’s hammer-wielding Santa.
3. Strange World– $3.6M/$30.4M
4. The Menu– $2.7M/$29M
5. Devotion– $1.9M/$16.9M
6. Black Adam– $1.3M/$166.8M
7. The Fabelmans– $1.1M/$7.3M
8. I Heard the Bells– $750K/$4M
9. Spoiler Alert (review)– $700K/$804K
Focus Features modestly expanded Michael Showalter’s drama Spoiler Alert, starring Jim Parsons in an adaptation of Michael Ausiello’s memoir about his relationship with a terminally ill lover. It’s a strong start for a film that is getting good early reviews with a 91% Rotten Tomatoes score at this point.
10. Ticket to Paradise– $599K/$67.5M