- Thor: Love and Thunder (review) – $143M
Critical divide be damned, the Son of Odin has returned and the people are here to see it! With a $143M opening weekend Thor: Love and Thunder is officially the biggest grossing opener of the Thor franchise. Will next week see a huge drop? I doubt it, you can’t deny the Hemsworth!
- Minions: The Rise of Gru – $45.5M/$210
- Top Gun: Maverick– $15.5M/$597M
- Elvis– $11M/$91.1M
- Jurassic World Dominion– $8.4M/$350.3M
- The Black Phone– $7.6M/$62.3M
- Lightyear– $2.9M/$112.3M
- Marcel the Shell with Shoes On– $340K/$963k
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness– $262K/$411M
- Mr. Malcolm’s List (review)- $245K/$1.6M
It’s still odd for me to type in so many $XXX K’s in the box office, pre-covid it was RARE to see a movie in the top 10 not make at least a million dollars, but here we are. There is a bright side though, movies like Mr. Malcolm’s List which may not have hit the top 10 before now have a chance to bask in the spotlight and get some more word out about their smaller films.