1. Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 3 (Review)- $114M
It’s hard to believe that his trilogy started out with a whole bunch of people saying “What? A foul-mouthed raccoon and a talking tree? There’s no way that the MCU pulls this off”. Yet here we are at the close of the Guardians of the Galaxy chapter of the MCU with the most beloved, highest rated, and most high earning group of hero’s that Marvel has committed to celluloid. Word has been good about the film and it appears to have spread, giving Star Lord & Co not just the top spot, but a solid 9 figure opening weekend.
2. The Super Mario Bros. Movie- $18.6M/$518.1M
3. Evil Dead Rise– $5.7M/$54.1
4. Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret.– $3.3M/$12.6M
Honestly, I’m really disappointed this didn’t do better numbers. Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret does have the distinction of posting the lowest drop in numbers from last week but last week’s numbers weren’t great. I really would have pegged this for one of those surprise hits due to mom’s everywhere bringing their daughters.
5. John Wick: Chapter 4– $2.3M/$180M
6. Love Again (Review)- $2.1M
Love was not in the air for theater go’ers this weekend as Priyanka Chopras Jonas’s romance flick fails to breach the top 5 and takes in a paltry $808 per screen on average
7. Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves– $1.5M/$92M
8. Air– $1.3M/$50.2M
9. The Covenant– $1.2M/$14.7M
10. Sisu– $1M/$5.5M